8.18.2007

Moving Jessie To College

Last Monday, Jen, Jessie and I drove to Athens, GA to drop Jessie off. It was a beautiful day, a bit hot at 102 degrees, but whatever.

I lived in Athens, GA back in the early 80's. I wasn't a student at UGA but was actually an "Athenian". I worked on VW's and my business was "The Organic Mechanic". I could never have dreamed that one day my daughter would attend school there.

Here is her dorm:
Meyers Hall

The Quad from Jessie's window:
1161820463 Cae7705F5A

Jessie sitting on her loft with some Uganda stuff on the wall:
1161819429 5Fcfb34Cab

Things are so different that when many of us went to college...as Jessie says, "get good grades kiddies". Her grades have allowed her to live in one of the most beautiful freshman dorms I have seen. They have just renovated the entire place and it is amazing.

I am so happy for her and this wonderful stage of her life.

WH

No comments: