4.20.2006

Back In The 'Windoze' World...aaahhhhhhh

I have started working for a friend who sells real estate here in Aiken. He is the same friend who owned the health club that I managed before I started working in Charleston, SC at the doctors office.

Tom, my friend, is fairly disorganized so he has asked me to help him set up his office and get him computer dependent. He has been out of town at a seminar so I have been doing busy work.

One of the coolest programs that he is using is Top Producer, a very cool and extensive web-based real estate program. There are many benefits to the program and I have been running through DVD tutorials and getting the interface set up.

UNFORTUNATELY he has a Windoze PC that "a friend" has helped him set up. I'll tell you what that means - that means that I have spent the last FIVE fucking hours scanning, removing, updating, and all around fixing his Windows 2000 operating system.

The friend had installed a virus program that had effectively blocked ALL of the Microsoft updates for the past year or so. As you can imagine, the computer has been running VERY SLOWLY and Tom has had to perform a manual shut down and restart every 3 or 4 days - JUST TO GET IT TO RUN NORMALLY.

I have downloaded 6 separate programs to remove malware, spyware, trojan horses, root kit infestations, and other all around boogers. In fact I am creating and posting this blog while all of this scanning, etc takes place. FUN, FUN, FUN!!

I am looking forward to actually getting to work after this necessary silliness is over with.

Windows is starting up *AGAIN* so I have to go.

WH

No comments: