4.14.2006

Weekend Touring GA Colleges

This weekend we are off to visit colleges with my daughter Jessie. She is a rising senior and in the process of discovering where her next educational foray will occur.

This afternoon we are scheduled at UGA in Athens, GA. This will be interesting for me since I lived in Athens back in the early 1980's. The city has changed much in the past 20 years. I will try to find some of my old haunts and homes where I lived.

Tomorrow we are visiting Emory University in Atlanta, GA. This is Jessie's first choice at this point. We are excited to go with her and be part of this process.

Jason and Candace are coming to Aiken this weekend as he has a 96 hour leave. We'll get to see them Saturday evening, Sunday, and Monday before they leave to go back to Jacksonville, NC. Jason is finishing his Squad Leaders Course in the next few weeks. In June he leaves for more training on the west coast. On one hand it's exciting for him that he gets to expand his knowledge, on the other all of the training prepares him for his next tour out of country that starts in September.

Finally, I am teaching again this Sunday - Easter. I'll be touching on the resurrection as it relates to the Kingdom. We should have a good weekend.

Hope that you and yours have a great weekend too.

WH

No comments: